Benefits & Features
• With the device you have the option of using your standard electrical geyser as a solar geyser.
• No need to replace existing and fully functional geysers with a new solar type to save on your heating bill.
• Also no need to sacrifice the aesthetic look of your home in order to do so.
• Resistant to extreme hot and cold weather conditions
• Low maintenance
• No coolants required
• Long life-expectancy
• A more aesthetic look
• No water wastage due to overheating
• Accurate control of water temperature
• PV panels do not need to be installed adjacent to the geyser
• No batteries needed to store harvested solar power
• Each device with 1kW of panels in JHB/PTA will generate 1871kWh/Year.
Putting some GREEN back into your pocket!
• 1871kWh renewable energy reduces your carbon footprint by 1300kg of CO2.
Putting some GREEN back into the environment!
• The device is breakthrough innovation and technology developed by an electronic engineer. This technology brings the future of solar water heating to your home.
• Our company focuses on making your life easier and comfortable while allowing you to save on your current water heating expenses.
• We pride ourselves in exceptional customer service as well as efficient after sales service.
Frequently asked questions
GENERAL COST OF A KIT?
• For 100 liters – 250 liters the kits range from approximately R14995 – R27995.
• The final price will depend on type of roof, ease of installation, travel costs.
• General installation costs are already included in the kit price.
• Please ask your solar consultant for a free and more specific quotation.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE KIT?
• PV panels
• Roof structure to fit panels
• Wires and connectors
• Geyser timer
WILL MY GEYSER OVERHEAT IF I’M ON VACATION?
• No, the device switches off when the set geyser temperature is reached.
• This also reduces water spillage in a country where water is becoming scarce.
DO I NEED TO CHANGE ANY PLUMBING FOR THIS INSTALLATION?
• No, this installation uses a standard household geyser with no additional pipes for water or anti-freeze circulation needed.
• This is purely an electrical installation, with the device connecting to your geyser.
CAN I USE THE DEVICE TO STORE EXCESS ENERGY FOR CONSUMPTION AT A LATER STAGE?
• Yes, but use at own risk.
• The device only stores energy as heat (hot water) in the geyser.
• Using additional power is possible, assuming that you have more PV panels connected than your hot water needs require.
• The device is not designed to charge batteries therefore you will need an external battery charger, preferably one with MPPT functionality.
• Note that during poor sunshine periods less sun-harvested power will be available for additional use and batteries will most probably damage during this time.
DOES THE DEVICE FEED THE GEYSER WITH DC POWER?
• No. Although we do get DC-power from the panels we convert it enough to feed it safely to the geyser – adhering to quality specifications.
CAN I USE THIS OUTPUT TO POWER ANY OTHER DEVICE?
• Yes. Special inverter add on unit with batteries required. Ask your solar consultant for more information.
• No, not without the add on. The device does not output pure sine-wave, nor does it guarantee full load-power.
• The household geyser is a special case, if the element requires for example 3 kW it will still function normally with less power available.
WHAT MAINTENANCE IS NECESSARY WITH THIS SYSTEM?
• The device works together with a standard geyser, therefore anything that will affect a standard geyser applies here.
• The only “maintenance” which does apply, is cleaning your solar PV panels from time to time.
HOW SAFE IS MY SOLAR PANELS AGAINST HAIL STORMS, WIND, RAIN & MY NEIGHBORS’ KIDS’ CRICKET BALLS?
• We are confident these PV panels will last for at least 25 years. Afterall, they are build to be installed and operate in the elements, on your roof top for at least that period. There is also a 12 year product guarantee and a 25 year generation warranty on the solar panels we supply.
DOES THIS SYSTEM COMPLY WITH SAFETY STANDARDS?
• Yes, the device has been tested and is SANS approved.
• SANS 60669-1:2007
• SANS 60669-2-1:2009